Having already discussed our Cowo® Manifesto, today we get deeper on point no.5::
In our model, relationships comes first, profit comes second.
Since it was born in 2008, the Cowo® network has always had a staple in activating coworking spaces inside companies and professional places.
In other words, all Cowo® spaces have their location at a company, a studio, a professional loacation.
The space fixed costs are already included in professional activity, this way the coworking activity is not bound to making profits at all costs.
The overheads are paid already by the main activity.
We envisioned this approach for two reasons:
1 – The coworking business model is far from being identified
2 – By not having to meet the overhead costs involved in having a space, we can enjoy the freedom to develop the coworking community without the obsession of making profit
This does not mean that Cowo® ignores the importance of economic resources.
It means – vice versa – looking for a way to generate economic resources through relationship maximization, andnot profit maximization.
Value is generated by the people, not invoices 🙂
Below, you can browse the CowoCamp 2012 opening presentation, focusing of the CowoEconomy, something that comes out from our profit-comes-second substainable model 🙂
Regarding the CowoManifesto, here are the posts we published already:
No. 1: Coworking is just a word. Only people give it meaning.
No. 2: We make work a better experience through space/knowledge sharing, every day
No. 3: Coworkers are not clients. They are professionals working with you.
No. 4: We are part of a larger community, both physical and online, and we speak to each other.
No. 10: “Coworking is a labour of love” (Tara Hunt)
The Cowo Manifesto is available in several languages: Italian, French, Spanish, Dutch and Russian.
In the English version:
- Coworking is just a word. Only people give it meaning.
- We make work a better experience through space/knowledge sharing, every day.
- Coworkers are not clients. They are professionals working with you.
- We are part of a larger community, both physical and online, and we speak to each other.
- In our model, relationships come first, profit comes second.
- Our professional skills are constantly enriched by our community.
- We don’t believe in competition. This makes us highly competitive.
- Coworking enjoys the best marketing strategy: happiness.
- Coworking is always the beginning of something.
- “Coworking is a labour of love”. (Tara Hunt)